GMAT Tutor NYC (Now booking March/April 2023).
New York based private GMAT tutors with:
- Years of experience teaching in person in NYC and worldwide online
- Thousands of hours of GMAT tutoring logged
- Hundreds of ecstatic clients at top MBA programs worldwide
GMAT tutoring program built for working professionals that makes a complex task as simple as possible:
- Every day of your studying planned: all HW assignments, review sessions, practice tests, official GMATs, and even potential retakes organized by an expert GMAT tutor
- Powerful but practical GMAT strategies to give you the best chance possible at success
- Proprietary HW portal with unique GMAT and LSAT materials
That doesn’t mean easy.
We’ll hold you accountable to put in the brain power and sweat equity to earn a remarkable GMAT score.
We’ve helped countless MBA hopefuls reach their GMAT goals and it would be our pleasure to work with you on yours!
Reach out with our tutoring consultation form and we’ll get back with a detailed plan along with an estimate of hours. Happy studies!
Loads of GMAT tutors out there – Why trust us?
-We’ve been helping New Yorkers reach incredible GMAT scores for over a decade
-Here are 100+ 5-star google reviews from some of our awesome NYC and worldwide clients
-You can find a ton about us on leading GMAT/MBA sites GMAT Club, Beat the GMAT, Reddit, and Poets & Quants where Andrew Geller was the resident GMAT expert and is a contributing writer
-We have written extensively about the GMAT and our private tutoring process on our blog.
All the above sound great and ready to do this GMAT prep right?
(1) Fill us in on your GMAT studying so far (and your goals) using our GMAT consultation form.
(2) If we don’t have any follow up questions we’ll send over an in-depth tutoring plan with an estimate of hours within 2 business days. We’ll also suggest a GMAT tutor.
(3) If the plan is in the ballpark of what you’re looking for then we’ll set up a call to discuss the plan, answer any questions, and see if we are a good fit for your GMAT preparation.
A few more details on what has made the GMAT tutoring program successful:
We manage your entire preparation and plan everything by the day
- All HW, practice tests, review sessions, official GMATs, and even official GMAT retakes. You don’t just get a weekly blob of HW to slog through at your own pace. We create a thoughtful schedule tailored to your needs to get the most impact from your studying.
- The schedule also provides a way to record all of your results so we can spot patterns and adjust course as needed. Also, if you’re not getting work done it’s clear and we can intervene quickly to get you back on track.
Lessons, curriculum, and HW purpose built for 1:1 private tutoring to provide the best GMAT prep possible
- It’s not a generic classroom curriculum delivered 1:1 (what Veritas, Manhattan and most companies do).
- We don’t just follow the Manhattan prep books (what many private tutors do).
- We have our own epic GMAT curriculum that I’ve developed over the past 10+ years of helping New Yorkers (and beyond) excel on the GMAT.
- Because of this we can chart a very specific course for each individual private tutoring client.
- If we need more basic practice, we have it. If we need a whole bunch of challenging quant to bombproof you for test day, we got it.
- The GMAT is an adaptive test administered on a computer. So 99% of your GMAT homework will also be done on a computer, timed, and in a quiz format.
- We’re big believers in improving verbal even if it’s a strength and have the firepower to enable that progress.
- Our specialized LSAT for GMAT curriculum is aimed at boosting GMAT verbal scores to the 99th percentile.
- We serve a huge variety of people from New York clients with liberal arts backgrounds struggling with the GMAT Quant to Indian engineers who rock the Quant but find the GMAT reading comprehension rather difficult.
- Every GMAT tutor here at Atlantic enjoys taking on new challenges. Whatever your GMAT issues are we’ll figure out a creative way to help you achieve your GMAT and MBA goals.
We’ve been teaching online for almost a decade and the entire system has been refined for online sessions
- We began tutoring in-person New York clients but with growing demand serve a worldwide audience with an exceptional online curriculum.
- Our GMAT tutors are specifically trained to teach online and are fantastic communicators dedicated to building the rapport and trust essential to a great partnership.
- Our entire system is built to deliver incredibly productive remote learning.
- About half of our clients are in New York City but a great majority of them still do online sessions since our online learning program rocks.
Our process starts with an in depth Consultation
Fill us in on your GMAT history/goals and we’ll assemble a detailed, thoughtful, and personalized plan to give you the best possible chance of achieving your ideal GMAT score.
Atlantic GMAT Tutoring FAQ
We’ve had many very positive tutoring experiences with students who had exhausted themselves with other companies and came to us for one last shot.
We really enjoy figuring out creative solutions to figure out what is going wrong.
At this point you need someone to take a close look at your problem solving approach and your test habits to figure out what you need to work on. It is not about spinning your wheels doing a trillion practice questions.
It is about figuring out how to practice in the proper way and how to develop good habits to give you the confidence on test day.
If there is a way for you to improve your GMAT score I’d like to think that we will be able to find it. This is why we do this job. Even if you have struggled in the past and feel like you have hit a wall there still could be options for you. If we don’t think that we can help we will let you know.
But, if there is a way for you to better your GMAT score we’re going to think about every angle in order to find the way for you. Visit our GMAT tutoring consultations page if you want to discuss your specific situation in detail.
This is another really common (understandably so) question. Most of our students do 12-18 hours of tutoring. That’s it?!!! Yep. We try to be as efficient as possible and get a lot of mileage out of just keeping your studying extremely organized. But to answer this for you we need to know where you are in your GMAT prep and where you want to go.
If you want fine-tuning after having studied on your own for 4 months you will probably need less time than someone who is starting from scratch.
If you are scoring 200 points below where you want to be then you should expect to spend a bunch of time with a GMAT tutor.
Everybody learns at their own pace. Everybody has different goals.
The best thing to do is to get in touch with your specific situation and we would be happy to talk about where you are and where you want to be.
We hope that you end up here and that we have a chance to work together on your GMAT goals.
Even if you do end up here, it’s better to do some research so you can compare what we offer vs what other tutoring companies do.
Google “GMAT tutor” and make a list of the first three pages worth of tutoring companies.
Google “GMAT tutoring” and do the same thing.
Ask your friends, family, and colleagues for referrals.
You may be thinking: that’s a lot to sift through!
With duplicates and obvious spam you should be able to cut down the list significantly.
Also, this could be a $5000+ investment and make a meaningful difference in your lifetime earnings and is worth investing in.
I would eliminate all the big companies right off the bat. Then I’d eliminate the classified ads sites (Wyzant, Varsity…).
With what you have left take a look at the websites and get a sense for what’s offered.
Eliminate anyone that is all fluff or that just doesn’t rub you the right way. It’s not important to have a fancy website but I would pay attention to the writing. Is it professional? Are these people really GMAT experts? Does it sound like they have a concrete offering or is it just going to be a GMAT study buddy? Who runs that company?
-Money back guarantees are a bad sign
-Free first sessions are a bad sign
-Unlimited tutoring for a flat fee is a bad sign
-Hourly rates that are much lower than average are a bad sign
I would look for companies that specialize in tutoring and the GMAT. Companies that have a years long track record. And preferably: companies that are run and managed by a GMAT expert.
Hopefully you’ve whittled it down to 3 or so.
Get in contact with some info about yourself including your GMAT history and your goals and ask for a tutoring plan so you have an idea of what the preparation would be like.
If the plan makes sense then have a call to discuss and ask questions.
Pick your favorite.
We hope to be on your list and have a chance to earn your trust.
Our focus will be on official GMAT questions retired from previous administrations of the test. Without exception, these should be the center of any GMAT program. I have traveled to distant corners of the physical and virtual world to get every single relevant piece of GMAT material in existence.
Over the years I have gathered obscure test prep materials and developed a system of getting the most bang for the buck from everything that is official so that our students have the most comprehensive preparation possible.
Our total question bank numbers 8000+ questions. You may not need all of those. We have them organized by topic and difficulty and assign based on you individual needs. If you’re amazing at verbal we have enough difficult verbal questions that we can keep you working at a high level for the duration of your prep. If you need a ton of basic quant to drill fundamentals we’ve got a huge pool of those to blast through.
That we have so many questions allows us to finely adjust your preparation and to keep you studying productively over a long period (if needed).
We also use a curated set of LSAT questions to fine tune your verbal as LSAT questions are high quality and more challenging than GMAT questions.
In addition, depending on your profile, we have a set of GRE quant questions that are great for learning the basic quant.
We are based in NYC and do about half of our tutoring with New York GMAT clients. That said, the other half of our clients are from the USA, Europe, and Asia.
Even with New York clients, our GMAT tutors do most tutoring online because it just ends up being much more convenient for everyone and our program is designed for online learning.
So whether you are local in NYC or a world away in Australia we can help get your GMAT score going in the right direction.