Amazing GMAT tutoring jobs for outstanding teachers
We are excited to welcome 1-2 additional teachers to join the team in 2023. Training is planned for early March with the initial intensive phase taking about a month to complete.
Atlantic GMAT provides exceptional private tutoring for the GMAT, GRE, and Executive Assessment. We have a creative, thoughtful, and refined curriculum based on a couple of decades of tutoring experience supported by a massive trove of in-house only study materials. We also have a GMAT blog and Youtube channel.
Rewarding, challenging, and creative
Our tutoring program is super organized and structured but not a cookie cutter approach. We’ll support you with a fantastic curriculum and materials and train you to think in a way that will spark learning and eventually create success for you and your students. Tutoring at Atlantic is challenging (in a good way). We have high expectations of ourselves and our clients. In addition, we very much take a team approach to the tutoring (we work as a group to plan/troubleshoot every preparation). We are always refining our method and hope that you can be a part of that!
Excellent compensation with room to grow
Tutoring pays really well and we have a bonus structure to reward a job well done. Your initial salary will be based on experience. Expect between $60/h-$90/h (including bonuses) once you are a fully trained up part of the team. For the first two years we review performance and potentially adjust (hopefully increase) compensation every 6 months.
Most (if not all at this point) tutoring is done online. So as long as you have a peaceful environment with a solid internet connection you are good to go (no geographic requirements).
We have a minimum number of hours per week (12) that we would like to you to commit to but beyond that how you create your schedule is up to you. The ‘standard’ workday has gotten a lot more flexible but it is important to keep in mind that you will likely need at least some weeknight and weekend availability as a great majority of our students are working professionals still referencing the standard 9-5, M-F.
More than tutoring
This is a small and growing company and we would love for you to be involved with additional aspects of Atlantic (curriculum development, writing articles/explanations, teacher training, forum posting, podcast, videos, launching other divisions: admissions consulting/LSAT/SAT/ACT)
Demonstrated ability in teaching
- You’ll need solid teaching skills. We’ll focus/sharpen them during training but you must have the fundamentals in place. The teaching experience doesn’t have to be in test preparation. If you have no formal teaching experience feel free to explain why you’d still be a great candidate.
Awesome standardized testing skills
- Ideally you’ve already scored in the 99th percentile (or close to it) on the GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment. To interview we are happy to consider any stellar test scores or compelling reasons why you would be a great candidate BUT to start teaching you will need a 99th percent GMAT score or GRE equivalent. Also, we expect teachers to teach all three MBA exams (GMAT, GRE, and EA) eventually and strongly encourage taking GMATs/GREs/EAs regularly to stay sharp.
Superb verbal reasoning and writing skills
- Quant wizard? That’s great as long your verbal is exceptional. Generally not looking for quant-only experts.
- Along with tutoring there are a bunch of opportunities to contribute explanations, blog posts, and articles so great writing skills are a huge plus.
12 hours per week commitment for the foreseeable future
- Do you have to sign a contract in blood? No:) But we’re looking for people who want an amazing part-time job for the long term (think 3 years minimum). If you’re looking for a short term/in between kind of gig this isn’t it. Also, for the first year or so you’ll likely need 12hrs of availability with a good chunk of it on weeknights and weekends (EST).
Unwavering commitment to motivate students to perform superhuman GMAT feats
- We do everything (within reason) to be the #1 provider of GMAT tutoring. We have dozens of legitimate 5 star google reviews that come from an extremely refined system of organized studying, an unparalleled set of in-house materials, and, of course, teachers who bring all of this to life.
Interested in tutoring at Atlantic? Fill out the application below and attach a resume, cover letter, and potential ‘Tutor Bio’ with headshot assuming you were hired. The application/cover letter/bio is a great place to showcase your personality/unique experience. Use it!
If you are covering some/all of our application questions in the cover letter then go ahead and just note that in the application fields.