Looking for an extraordinary GRE Tutor in New York or Online? (⇒ Now booking GRE tutoring).
We are NYC based GRE tutors with:
- Years of experience
- Thousands of hours of GRE tutoring logged
- Hundreds of ecstatic clients at top MBA and Masters programs worldwide
- We specialize in GRE tutoring for competitive MBA programs and transitioning from GMAT to GRE.
Our GRE tutoring program is built for working professionals and makes what is a complex task as simple as possible:
- Every day of your studying planned: all HW assignments, review sessions, practice tests, official GREs, and even potential retakes organized by an expert GRE tutor.
- Powerful but practical GRE strategies to give you the best chance possible at success
- Proprietary HW portal with unique GRE, GMAT and LSAT materials (Official GRE materials are scarce so we leverage the best of the best from all three tests to support your studying)
That doesn’t mean easy.
We’ll hold you accountable to put in the brain power and sweat equity to earn a remarkable GRE score.
We’ve helped countless MBA hopefuls reach their GRE goals and it would be our pleasure to work with you on yours! Reach out with our GRE tutoring consultation form and we’ll get back with a tutoring plan and an estimate of hours. Happy studies!
Why trust us?
-We’ve been helping New Yorkers reach incredible GRE and GMAT scores for over a decade.
-Here are 97 5-star google reviews from some of our awesome NYC and worldwide clients.
-You can see our contributions on GMAT Club, Reddit, and Poets and Quants where Andrew Geller was the resident GMAT and GRE expert and is a contributing writer.
All the above sound great and ready to do this GRE prep right?
(1) Fill us in on your GRE studying so far (and your goals) using our GRE consultation form.
(2) If we don’t have any follow up questions we’ll send over a detailed GRE tutoring plan with an estimate of hours within 2 business days.
(3) If the plan is in the ballpark of what you’re looking for then we’ll set up a call to discuss the plan in depth, answer any questions, and see if we are a good fit
A few more details on things that have made the GRE tutoring program successful:
- All HW, practice tests, review sessions, official GREs, and even official GRE retakes. You don’t just get a blob of HW to slog through at your own pace. You get a thoughtful schedule tailored to your needs to get the most impact out of your studying.
- The schedule also provides a way to record all of your results so we can spot patterns and adjust course as needed. Also, if you’re not getting work done it’s clear and we can intervene quickly to get you back on track so we can maintain a high quality preparation.
- It’s not a generic classroom curriculum delivered 1:1 (what Veritas, Manhattan and most companies do).
- We don’t follow the Manhattan prep books (what many private tutors do). We have our own epic GRE curriculum that I’ve developed over the past 10+ years of helping people crush the GRE and GMAT.
- Because of this we can chart a very specific course for each individual client.
- If we need more basic practice, we have it. If we need a whole bunch of challenging quant to bombproof you for test day, we got it.
- We’re also big believers in improving verbal even if it’s a strength and have the firepower to enable that progress. We have a specialized LSAT for GRE curriculum aimed at boosting GRE verbal scores to the 99th percentile.
- We teach a huge variety of people from New Yorkers with liberal arts backgrounds struggling with the GRE Quant to Indian engineers who rock the Quant but find the GRE reading comprehension rather difficult.
- Every GRE tutor here at Atlantic enjoys taking on new challenges. Whatever your GRE issues are we’ll figure out a creative way to help you achieve your GRE goals.
- Years of refining and thousands of hours of work has resulted in a learning management system that pairs to our GRE tutoring process.
- From learning the basics to doing a super quant intensive ahead of your official GRE we’ll have it all planned out for you.
- We adjust the schedule based on results.
- Our GRE tutors are specifically trained to teach online and are fantastic communicators great at building rapport and trust which are essential to a great partnership.
Our process starts with a GRE Tutoring Consultation. Fill us in on your GRE history/goals and we’ll assemble a GRE tutoring plan for you.
Atlantic GRE Tutoring FAQ
We’ve had many very positive tutoring experiences with students who had exhausted themselves with other companies and came to us for one last shot.
We really enjoy figuring out creative solutions to figure out what is going wrong.
At this point you need someone to take a close look at your problem solving approach and your test habits to figure out what you need to work on. It is not about spinning your wheels doing a trillion practice questions.
It is about figuring out how to practice in the proper way and how to develop good habits to give you the confidence on test day.
If there is a way for you to improve your GRE score I’d like to think that we will be able to find it. This is why we do this job. Even if you have struggled in the past and feel like you have hit a wall there still could be options for you. If we don’t think that we can help we will let you know.
But, if there is a way for you to better your GRE score we’re going to think about every angle in order to find the way for you. Visit our GRE tutoring consultations page if you want to discuss your specific situation in detail.
This is another really common (understandably so) question. Most of our students do 12-18 hours of tutoring. That’s it?!!! Yep. We try to be as efficient as possible and get a lot of mileage out of just keeping your studying extremely organized. But to answer this for you we need to know where you are in your GRE prep and where you want to go.
If you want fine-tuning after having studied on your own for 4 months you will probably need less time than someone who is starting from scratch.
If you are scoring 200 points below where you want to be then you should expect to spend a bunch of time with a GRE tutor.
Everybody learns at their own pace. Everybody has different goals.
The best thing to do is to get in touch with your specific situation and we would be happy to talk about where you are and where you want to be.
Atlantic GRE. Done. Well… Maybe not quite done.
Even if you end up here, it’s better to do some research so you can compare what we offer vs what other tutoring companies do.
Google “GRE tutor” and make a list of the first three pages worth of tutoring companies.
Google “GRE tutoring” and do the same thing.
Ask your friends, family, and colleagues for referrals.
You may be thinking: that’s a lot to sift through!
With duplicates and obvious spam you should be able to cut down the list significantly.
Also, this could be a $5000+ investment and make a meaningful difference in your lifetime earnings and is worth investing in.
I would eliminate all the big companies right off the bat. Then I’d eliminate the classified ads sites (Wyzant, Varsity…).
With what you have left take a look at the websites and get a sense for what’s offered.
Eliminate anyone that is all fluff or that just doesn’t rub you the right way. It’s not important to have a fancy website but I would pay attention to the writing. Is it professional? Are these people really GRE experts? Does it sound like they have a concrete offering or is it just going to be a GRE study buddy? Who runs that company?
-Money back guarantees are a bad sign
-Free first sessions are a bad sign
-Unlimited tutoring for a flat fee is a bad sign
-Hourly rates that are much lower than average are a bad sign
I would look for companies that specialize in tutoring and the GRE/GMAT. Companies that have a years long track record. And preferably: companies that are run and managed by a test prep expert.
Hopefully you’ve whittled it down to 3 or so.
Get in contact with some info about yourself including your GRE history and your goals and ask for a tutoring plan so you have an idea of what the preparation would be like.
If the plan makes sense then have a call to discuss and ask questions.
Pick your favorite.
We hope to be on your list and have a chance to earn your trust.
Official GRE resources are scarce but we have traveled to distant corners of the physical and virtual world to get every single relevant piece of GRE material in existence.
Our focus will be on official GRE questions retired from previous administrations of the test but we supplement with Official LSAT, for increased verbal difficulty, and Official GMAT, for increased quant difficulty.
Our GMAT and LSAT questions are specifically selected and formatted for GRE studying.
Our total question bank numbers 8000+ questions. You may not need all of those. We have them organized by topic and difficulty and assign based on you individual needs. If you’re amazing at verbal we have enough difficult verbal questions that we can keep you working at a high level for the duration of your prep. If you need a ton of basic quant to drill fundamentals we’ve got a huge pool of those to blast through.
That we have so many questions allows us to finely adjust your preparation and to keep you studying productively over a long period (if needed).