GMAT Tutoring – Rates & Fine Print Studying for the GMAT is a challenge enough so we’re trying to keep the fine print to a minimum. Hopefully we cover all the bases.
- All tutoring with Luciano, Tom, Matt, and Gunnar (GMAT, GRE, Executive Assessment, in person, and virtual sessions) is billed at $280/h. Andrew Geller is billed at $400/h.
- For weeknights and weekends Andrew is generally booked 4 weeks in advance. Luciano/Matt/Tom/Gunnar 2 weeks in advance. During the extra busy season (May-December) add a week or two to your planning. If you have a flexible schedule it’s possible that we can start sooner. More lead time = easier to schedule, easier to plan, and potentially cheaper GMAT preparation. We do our absolute best to get you going as soon as possible but please: plan early:)!
- We bill either in full or monthly. For monthly billing, invoices are issued on the 20th of the current month to pay for the upcoming month’s planned sessions. We do not offer weekly invoicing or invoicing by session. To get started with sessions we require an initial 6hr payment which is the minimum number of hours we require to work with you on your GMAT preparation.
- All tutoring hours are 100% refundable as long as any remaining sessions on the calendar are cancelled with at least 24 hours notice. Cancellation and rescheduling must also be done with 24 hours notice. There are no exceptions to this 24hrs.
- Refunds are calculated and issued at the next billing cycle. For example, if you’re done with tutoring on November 10th your refund would be calculated and processed on Nov. 20th.
- For some preparations we start with a guided self study. We charge a flat fee of $150 for pre-tutoring schedules of up to 3 weeks.
- After completing a tutoring program we charge a flat $100 for access to materials and for GMAT re-take schedules of up to one month. Besides retake schedules, Atlantic materials are only available to active tutoring students with a positive number of tutoring hours and confirmed sessions.
- Standard tutoring sessions are either 2 hours or 90 minutes. For the first few sessions 2 hours or 2×90 minute sessions per week tends to work really well because there’s a bunch of content to get through. Down the stretch we prefer 90 minute sessions. For re-takes we usually do 60min sessions because there’s less content and the focus is more on application/review.
- For invoicing we use Zoho Books. We accept most major debit cards or direct bank transfer. We do not accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
This is tough but we have to be pretty strict on this. Sessions are 100% refundable if cancelled with at least 24 hours notice. Sessions are not refundable if cancelled inside of 24 hours. No exceptions.
Arriving on time
- We generally arrive five minutes early. Please take advantage of the extra time.
- Regardless of when you arrive, tutoring sessions always end at the scheduled time. Extending a session negatively affects my other sessions either by creating scheduling conflicts for other students or by simply not giving me a chance to eat lunch:)
If you have any other questions check out the GMAT FAQ or feel free to send us a note at info@AtlanticGMAT.com